Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beach walk and ISS

Nighttime adventures

imgres.jpg

The clock flashed 10:10

A couple nights ago I took a walk on the beach with my aunt. It was really pretty and she brought her camera with her because she was going to make a calendar with photos she took. As we came to the beach she started taking pictures of me cartwheeling through the sand and the grass. I asked if I could use her camera to take photos(Later it turned out that we had taken about 128 photos). I took pictures of my aunt and her dog, the sunset, people and dogs we didn't know, and the waves crashing up by the shore. later we came back home talking about what I should be when I get older deciding on a photojournalist. At 10:00 my aunt and I started making milkshakes and my uncle got himself a dish of ice cream homemade by my auntie. at 10:07 we all gathered in their bedroom looking in the sky waiting for something bright to move across the sky. The wind was blowing and shivers were going down our spines. The clock flashed 10:10 on the screen. facing upwards my aunt saw it first. The ISS was bright in the sky. We watched as it was circling the Earth. The space station was making its rounds. It goes around the Earth about every 90 minutes.  It went almost directly over our heads disappearing over the house. 

For more info. on the space station go to: 
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/index.html

2 comments:

Mistress of the Mix said...

Very cool story, Sophia! Miss you more than ever!

auntjoannie said...

You did a great job in writing this up, TomBoy SuperModel RockStar!